Finding Your Way

This page provides links and phone numbers to a variety of health services available across the North Zone.
Please consider filling out this very short survey – It’s Okay To Ask (survey) – about your experience with this web page.


Health Link 811
  • If you have a concern or are not sure where to go for help, call Health Link 811
    • Talk to a Registered Nurse
    • Call anytime – 24hrs a day
    • Free health information service
  • Patients with nutrition concerns can also call Health Link 811
    • Ask to speak with a Dietitian
    • An online self-referral option is also available
EmpowerMENt - Mental Health Guide for Men

The EmpowerMENt Guide – Mental Health Resources for Men
From the Peace Country Health Neighbourhood – click HERE for a substantial collection of resources specific to men’s mental health.

Home Care/Placement

Speak to a Registered Nurse who can answer questions and provide you with resources and supports available in your community. They are happy to discuss your healthcare needs, complete an assessment, and send a referral to the most appropriate Alberta Health Services healthcare provider or service.

  • Call Health Link 811 to be connected to a home care office in your zone.
  • In the North Zone call directly 1-855-371-4122
Transitions of Care (Home to Hospital to Home)
COVID-19: My Discharge Checklist - Alberta Health Services

Patient resource for discharge from hospital following COVID-19

Rehabilitation Advice Line
  • Information about activities and exercises to help with physical problems related to COVID-19
  • Information on how to access rehabilitation services for in-person or virtual visits
  • Call 1-833-379-0563
Medication Assistance Program (MAP)
  • Help managing your daily medication needs
    • Call Health Link 811
Record Your Conversations With Your Healthcare Team
Alberta Supports

Alberta Supports can help you access more than 30 programs and 120 services for seniors, people with disabilities, job seekers, parents and families, homelessness, financial assistance, abuse, and family violence prevention.

  • Apply Online
  • or Phone toll free 1-877-644-9992
    • Open 7:30am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday
      • Closed on Statutory Holidays

24-Hours Emergency Income Support Contact Centre

Community and Social Services Help Line
  • Dial 211
    • Open 24/7
Family Violence Information Line
  • Speak with a live person
    • Not automated
  • Dial 310-1818
    • Open 24/7
Addictions & Mental Health
Indigenous Health
  • First Nations and Inuit Hope For Wellness Helpline – Government of Alberta
    • Call 1-855-242-3310
  • First Nations Health Consortium (FNHC)
    • FNHC is an Alberta-wide organization developed to improve access to health, social, and education services and supports to First Nations and Inuit children, living on or off reserve, throughout the province.
    • Call 1-844-558-8748
    • Or email
  • Government of Canada Indigenous Health Resources
  • Alberta Health Services Indigenous Health Resources
Primary Care Networks

Click on the links for more information on PCN health programs and resources in your community.

AHS Sexual & Gender Identity Diversity Resources
Town of Peace River